Saturday, February 2, 2013

LIFE OF PI

I have not read the book...YET.  When I see a movie that is based on a book, I hope that I've already read it but if not, I hope that  the movie intrigues me enough to make me want to read it.  This has succeeded immensely and I hope to some day read the book of the same name by Yann Martel.

A young man survives a disaster at sea and then is sent on a journey of adventure.  While on this journey, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor, Richard Parker, who is a fearsome Bengal tiger.  Through adventure, soul-searching, grief and a tad bit of humor, we come out at the end of the movie with an uplifting view and sense of accomplishment.  I have heard from people who have read the book that this is thankfully true to the book including the ending.

The movie was good on its own without any actors standing above and beyond the movie.  The movie made the actors instead of the actors improving the movie.  I would give this two thumbs up hanging onto my raft of life.

No comments: