Sunday, February 10, 2013

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK

I have not read the novel by Matthew Quick but I think if I had, the movie would have been excellent instead of just good.  Jennifer Lawrence, who astounded me in Winter's Bone continues her wonderful acting in this movie.  She stands toe-to-toe with legendary Robert DeNiro in one scene and more than holds her own.  I believe Bradley Cooper was prematurely nominated as Best Actor.  He was obviously better in this than his Hangover movies but he did not take over any scene with his presence as Jennifer, Robert and Jacki Weaver.

A former teacher (Bradley Cooper) gets out of a mental institution and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife and life back with his parents (Robert DeNiro and Jacki Weaver) as stipulation for the early release.  Besides the dealings with his parents and ex wife, he meets a woman (Jennifer Lawrence) with issues of her own.  I could TOTALLY relate to the superstitions of a football fan (Robert DeNiro) and the story was intriguing, comical and dramatic just like life.

I give this one thumb up with the other thumb anxiously awaiting its arise after I read the book.

No comments: