Sunday, February 10, 2013

SKYFALL

This is the 23rd James Bond movie and the 3rd with Daniel Craig as 007 himself.  I haven't watched a Bond movie since the 15th movie (the Living Daylights) so I'm not a huge fan.  I grew up in the Roger Moore years and while enjoyable, they seemed to be more so for the male sex.  I enjoyed the Bond music the most through the years along with looking at each Bond looking strikingly handsome in his tuxedo and so didn't really have to watch the movies.  When the masterful, Dame Judi Dench joined the Bond films as M with the 17th movie (Goldeneye), you would think I would have started watching it more but I guess it took an Oscar nomination to push me to finally get back to watching the Bond movies.

This was a good story with well-developed characters and exciting action.  Daniel Craig makes a good James Bond and Judi Dench is her usual awesome self as M.  Javier Bardem continues his mastery at playing a villain as Silva and Ralph Fiennes  completes another good acting job as Gareth Mallory.

I give this 1 and a half thumbs up but the ending--SPOILER ALERT--disappointed me because I enjoy watching Judi Dench so much but I understand it was necessary for the story.

No comments: