Sunday, February 10, 2013

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

The  story of Bilbo Baggins before the Lord of the Rings (LOTR) trilogy, this follows Bilbo on his journey with thirteen dwarfs and Gandalf, the grey wizard to the lonely mountain to battle the Smaug the dragon and reclaim the lost dwarf kingdom.

This is the first in a series of three Hobbit movies and so doesn't have a final ending just a continuation until the next movie.  I have not read any of the Hobbit books but I saw all three LOTR movies and this was better so far than the LOTR.  Perhaps it is because I am now familiar with the other characters, but this was a visually appealing movie.  The story was developed well with the characters and script that I didn't mind the non-final ending.

I give this 1 and a half thumbs up in anticipation for 2013 and 2014 that the series will continue and end as good as it started with this movie.

No comments: