Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

I know that the last thing that the Academy awards needs is to be longer, but I think thy should create a new category for Best Acheivement as an Ensemble. If there was such a category, Little Miss Sunshine would be a shoo-in for a nomination. Alan Arkin, Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, Abigail Breslin, Toni Collette and Paul Dano mesh together so well that they truly put the "fun" in dysfunctional. No matter what trials, tribulations and many different personalities come together to make a family, it is still a family. There will forever be a connection. The stripper costume that Olive wore under the guidance of her Grandpa was at first freaky to this viewer but once I relaxed and enjoyed the family dynamics, it didn't bother me as much. I would see this again. Thumbs up--I recommend it.

No comments: