Saturday, January 12, 2013

MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS

At first glance, a movie about Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor and others does not really intrigue me.  I watched Iron Man and was pleasantly surprised that the characters and plot were as enjoyable as the action so I thought I would give The Avenger's a try.

Nick Fury has to bring all the heroes together to form the group The Avengers defend the world from Loki and his army.  The effects felt a little hokey but still enjoyable and entertaining.  Scarlett Johansson was good as the black widow.  Mark Ruffalo is a better actor than the Hulk deserves and Chris Evans was over his head or perhaps Captain America is just not a strong enough character.

Overall, this was an enjoyable movie, perhaps a tad long but there was so many characters to explore yet the   brother relationship should have been stronger.  I give this a partial thumb up for the hero conquering the villain.

No comments: