Sunday, February 3, 2008

No Country For Old Men

Javier Bardem is freaky evil! This movie is gross-out violent! The coen brothers do however write a humorous screenplay. This movie also has characters with no purpose. Right in the middle of the movie, when Stephen Root's minor character came onscreen, all I could think of for a minute was "I believe you have my stapler" because I would rather watch him in Office Space then being blown away in this movie. They also made Kelly Macdonald look to young to be Josh Brolin's wife, she looked more like his daughter which grossed out this viewer in the sexual innuendos. There is always one film where I wonder what in the heck the Academy is thinking when nominating and this is it! I give this two thumbs holding onto Cormac McCarthy's book that inspired it all hoping for a better understanding of it.

No comments: