Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kite Runner

This movie based on the book by the same name written by Khaled Hosseini has a lot to live up to for the fans of the book. I did not read the book nor do I aspire to read it but probably will be forced to by my friends who thought it was one of the best books they've ever read. This is the story of two friends Amir and Hassan who start of as servant's child and employer's child but they look past that fact to become friends. This is set in the middle east and so there is obvious unrest and through unfortunate (nasty) circumstances, there friendship is torn apart. Amir is then forced to come back to his homeland to reconnect with Hassan's son in order to make amends to the friendship. I felt as if he was only doing it because he was forced and because it was the right thing to do. I give this a thumbs up as a movie but thumbs down for not inspiring me to read the book.

No comments: