Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

This is part 2 of a three-part series just like the Lord of the Rings (LOTR) series that this is it's prequel.

I enjoyed Lord of the Rings as a whole, never reading any of the books but basically seeing them because of their Oscar nominations.  Honestly, I don't feel smart enough to read the books which I have heard are extremely detailed with language, characters and plot of the hobbit, dwarf and fairy lands and worlds.

When I saw the first Hobbit movie, I walked out thinking oh cool, this will be fun and interesting to watch.

Not so much with this middle entry of the series.  This does it not stand on it's own (like the middle LOTR) by not having an ending--sorry SPOILER.  Although not boring, it was slow moving watching the trek to get to the mountain/dragon.

I'm glad that I saw it but now anxious to get to the finale to finish the story and be done with all these LOTR/Hobbit movies.

I give this a strong one thumb up basically for the sole enjoyment seeing the beauty of New Zealand.

No comments: