Thursday, January 23, 2014

Strictly Ballroom

After watching the Academy Award nominated Baz Luhrmann movie, The Great Gatsby, I was talking to a friend who asked if I've ever seen this movie.  I had not but I liked his version of Gatsby and Moulin Rouge before that so I thought I would give this movie a try.

As a fan of the television show, Dancing with the Stars, I love to watch ballroom dancing.  The passion for the music and dancing and for entertaining.  This was all also present in Strictly Ballroom.  Basically a bunch of unknowns acting in the movie but getting the story originated and co-written by Baz Luhrmann beautifully across to the viewer.  It was a romantic love story, heartfelt drama and moving soundtrack/choreography all in one.

I give this a one and a half thumb dancing in pure enjoyment.

No comments: