Saturday, September 7, 2013

jOBS

I am not a fan of Ashton Kutcher's acting ability.  This may be unfair and judgmental but what the heck this is my blog.  I think he is intelligent and his speech at the teen choice awards earlier this year was wonderful.

I also don't know much about Steve Jobs besides the obvious that he died too young and was rich and successful by founding Apple.

From what I hear, this movie is geared to those people like me who don't know much about Steve Jobs.  I walked away from this movie not knowing a ton more about Steve's life but thinking that the casting was spot on.  Jobs and Kutcher both seem like intelligent men who are egotistical about themselves and condescending to the people they hang around.  I felt extremely sorry for Steve Wozniak as he seemed to be the brains behind Apple technology without the initiative to succeed in business.

I thought that it was a better movie than the Social Network as far as better acting but I have to wonder about the information technology field being run by intelligent people with little or negative social skills influencing our society so greatly over social networks/technology.

I give this a 1 thumb up for Ashton's total transformation into the role of Steve Jobs (probable Oscar nomination-hopefully not a win) and an enjoyable enough movie.


No comments: