Monday, March 1, 2010

Princess and the Frog

In my opinion, an animated movie should be aimed at children but enjoyable for adults. For an explanation, watch a Disney movie. Lately, animated movies are taking their cues from the adult content cartoons like the Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy and searching for young adult viewership...but I digress. The Princess and The Frog recaptures wonder of watching good triumph over evil with great animation, awesome music and fun characters. My only regret is that one or both parents are dead in almost all Disney movies but it brings depth to the character so I'll let it slide. Anika Noni Rose lends her voice to the main character of Tiana, whose story is so captivating, you forget you're watching a 'kids movie'. The music is pure New Orleans jazz: toe-tapping and heart-feeling. I give this two hands up clapping to this wonderful movie.

No comments: