Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lovely Bones

The book by Alice Sebold was fresh and so I was anxious to see the movie. When I heard Peter Jackson was directing it, it made me nervous as Lord of the Rings was good but very different from what I imagined Lovely Bones to be. The book and movie centers around Susie Salmon who was murdered and is looking down from another world watching her family cope and hoping her murderer is caught. Saoirse Ronan impressed me in the movie Atonement and she plays Susie. Mark Wahlberg plays her father and Stanley Tucci eerily plays the villain George Harvey. I believe Susan Sarandon was a waste of talent because I do not think her character added as much to the movie as Susan's name added to the credits. Overall, the movie was true to the book and I give it one thumb up hoping that Susie's tragedy is not experienced by anybody else.

No comments: