Saturday, February 24, 2007

Jesus Camp

This is a documentary that focuses on the evangelical movement in America and specifically places like Missouri, Kansas, Colorado Springs and Devils Lake, North Dakota. Becky Fischer is a pastor who organizes a summer camp for young people every August. Ted Haggard is another pastor mentioned who meets with President Bush's advisers every Monday morning. This also shows Mike Papantonio who is a radio host of the program "Ring of Fire". He also considers himself christian but not a fundamentalist or evangelical. He cautions America to giving over control of their government to the 20% of the population who is evangelical because we were founded on a separation of church and state. This documentary I think accurately describes the evangelical movement. I personally agree that Jesus Christ is our saviour and that Christian music is uplifting (I listen every day at work), but some of the messages that they send seem anti-christian to me. I think they judge and belittle anybody that does not believe what they believe. I think we in America have a freedom to believe or not believe in whatever we choose. I give this a thumbs up in hoping that it opens positive discussions in society or at least with families.

No comments: