Saturday, February 24, 2007

Half Nelson

Ryan Gosling is nominated as best actor for his role in this movie. This is the story of a history teacher and girls basketball coach who during off hours has a serious drug habit. I think Shareeka Epps as one of the students/basketball players is a fine up-and-coming actress. The movie doesn't know if it wants to be a inspirational teacher movie, motivating coach movie or a drug movie. I would lean more toward the drug movie. The problem is I never really felt a connection to any of the characters in this movie and could care less if they recovered or not. I was disappointed that the girl remains friends with the teacher because I feel like she is just going to continue to get hurt. It is not good when the best part of a movie is when they play a song (It's OK to cry by Rosie Greer) from Free To Be You And Me. Thumbs down....don't bother seeing this movie.

No comments: